2nd Grade Arithmetic
- wiping cloth
1. After giving her sister 6 pieces of candy, Lauren found she had 18 pieces left. There must have been how many pieces in the box in the beginning?
2. Reindeer cost $200 each. How much will 4 reindeer cost?
3. Katie bought her school supplies at the store. She got a second level reader for 32 cents, a primary geography for 38 cents, and a pencil tablet for 5 cents. How much did her school supplies cost?
4. Mrs. Jones went to the general store and bought some groceries. She got a sack of regular flour for $1.00, graham flour for 80 cents, and breakfast bacon for 28 cents a pound. How much did she spend?
5. Black pepper is 35 cents a pound. How much will 2 pounds cost?
6. A wagon maker built 40 wagons last year. He sold 27. How many does he have left to sell?
7. There are 81 houses on the east side of the street. If 20 more are built, how many houses are on the east side of the street?
8. Amanda wanted to make soup. She needed 2 cups of beans, 1 cup of onions, 2 cups of meat, 1 cup of celery, and 3 cups of tomato juice. How many cups of food did she need?
9. Ben bought a puppy for $11, a bowl for $2, a collar for $3, and a bag of dog food for $6. How much did he spend?
10. 42 ants walked into the cafeteria yesterday. 12 did not like the food on the floor and so they left. How many more are still walking around in the cafeteria?
11. It takes 100 beads to make a necklace. Betty only has 92. How many more does she need?
12. Jacob had 14 rabbits. He sold 3 to charlie, 4 to Susie and 1 to Bobby. How many rabbits does he have left?